Burgundy Collective genuine leather products are created to grow more beautiful with age, so you can expect your product to change with use.
Investing in any leather item is such a pleasure and we would like to suggest a few tips on caring for your bag.
- To keep the appearance of your leather, you can use a dry cloth to wipe it down as often as needed and follow it up with a soft, damp cloth and wipe the surface gently.
- The best way to clean any built up dirt would be to wipe it down carefully with a soft, slightly damp cloth and leave to dry - this applies to the leather as well as the lining and buckles.
- The leather we use has been treated, but with normal wear, it could dry out over time. Shop our range of leather food and apply a small amount with dry cloth all over your product, but use with care. Always do a small test patch first to avoid any disappointment.
- Natural leather is NOT waterproof, and even though all our leather has been pre-treated, your bag might be damaged if exposed to too much water.
- Beeswax is another way of protecting and adding a slight waterproof layer to your bag, but it might change the colour or hue the leather, so use carefully. We suggest you test it first on a small part at the bottom of the bag.
- Spray protectant for leather is less effective, but less visible when used.
- Never use heat to dry any accidental water spills, but rather leave your bag to dry naturally, after using a soft cloth immediately to get rid of the water.
- Because genuine leather is absorptive and can never be entirely waterproof, we suggest that you take great care to protect your bag against water.
If you have any further questions about caring for your bag, just let us know.
Enjoy your Burgundy Collective product for many years to come!